Aberrant 2.0 Changelog
- 1 June 1, 2012
- 2 October 05, 2011
- 3 September 28, 2011
- 4 September 17, 2011
- 5 September 14, 2011
- 6 September 13, 2011
- 7 September 8, 2011
- 8 September 5, 2011
- 9 August 2, 2011
- 10 July 23, 2011
- 11 June 28, 2011
- 12 April 21, 2011
- 13 April 19, 2011
- 14 April 18, 2011
- 15 April 17, 2011
- 16 April 15, 2011
- 17 April 14, 2011
- 18 April 10, 2011
- 19 April 7, 2011
- 20 April 4, 2011
- 21 April 2, 2011
June 1, 2012
- Fixed heavy pistol and flechette rifle damage
- Increased armor effectiveness (3B/3L per dot -> 4B/4L per dot)
- Added throws, fixed typos and misprints in unarmed attacks
- Fixed Size-increasing body mods to use the same Size numbers as vehicles and Sizemorph
October 05, 2011
- Sizemorph and Colossus altered to work with the new Scale mechanics.
- Size-increasing body modifications altered, weakened slightly.
- Colossus has been edited to better fit with the Scale mechanics, and the elemental bonuses have been modified.
- Aberrant and Trinity vehicles and weapons now have Scale, which determines how easy or hard it is for them to hit and avoid being hit.
- Edits to the Silence power and Invisibility.
- Removed the Explosive quality and extra due to the difficulties in managing it. All explosive powers and attacks are now area attacks.
- New Mechanic: Scale.
- New Magnetic Mastery Technique: Exsanguinate.
September 28, 2011
- New Elemental Authority techniques
- Quantum Authority edits
- Duration, Reduced Quantum Cost, both greatly weakened.
September 17, 2011
- Shapeshift altered to provide only physical body modifications, slight power reduction
- Smartgun Mount and Jump Pack. Now you can be a real Space Marine!
September 14, 2011
- Revamped rules for toxins and diseases, simplified said rules.
- Modified psi-amps.
- Further improved Quantum Inferno. Damage is now significantly increased at lower levels, still about the same at higher levels. This is to encourage people to invest in it even though they're likely to have an offensive power at a moderate to high level when they can buy it.
- The "Weave" power. Now you, too, can be like the Colony.
- A few additional toxins and diseases.
- Added the Alchemy Sunburst to the Trinity weapons list.
- Added light/medium/heavy coilguns to the Trinity weapons list.
September 13, 2011
- Removed "Dragon's Breath", instead use 'integrated weapon: shotgun (w/dragon's breath ammunition)' or 'integrated weapon: flamethrower').
- Springs weakened slightly.
- "Toxic Blood" renamed "Caustic Blood" for clarity.
- Some duplicate body modifications removed.
- Ping damage now much less dangerous. Characters will now see benefit from increasing damage above soak, even if the resulting damage is only 1d above soak and no damage adds apply.
- Armor soak improved due to gradual increases in weapon and power lethality.
- VARG soak improved to put them in-line with combatants.
- VARG mortars rebalanced.
- Underbarrel screamers/shotguns modified.
- Some vehicle weapons have had damage improved.
- Several duplicate weapons removed from the Trinity-era weapons list.
- 22nd-century anti-armor munitions (missile launcher, pulse cannon) have had increased damage. The Orgotek SAWs has been made more worthwhile firing slugs or laser beams.
- Bioapp attunement bonuses increased.
- Several additional Trinity-era armor mods.
- A few more additional Aberrant-era armor mods.
- Some new weapons for the Trinity era, including light and heavy payload rifles and the return of the flamethrower.
- Additional ammunition types: airburst, guided (Trinity era)
- Additional ammunition types: Taser, Flechettes, Birdshot
September 8, 2011
- New Bodymod: Personality Analysis (thank you CASIE).
- Changes to several Body Modifications
- Extrasensory Access renamed to (Exotic Sensory Mode). Some sensory types moved between Extrasensory Access and Exotic Sensory Mode.
- Alternate Sensory Mode cost increased to 5 XP.
- Rangefinder reduced in power.
- Pain Editor is its own bodymod.
- Nematocysts folded into Venom Sacs (renamed Toxin Generation).
- Toxin Generation made more flexible. Added method of buying more toxin types/delivery methods.
- Concealable Pocket cost reduced from 1/4 XP to 1/3 XP.
- Physical Optimization cost increased to 16 XP from 12 XP.
- Shapeshift altered, now fixed result. The fixed results hopefully will allow Shapeshift to be more predictable.
- Disrupt now more effective against quantum constructs/etc at high levels, slightly weaker at low levels.
- Boost now also fixed-effect to reduce dice rolling, returned to (Quantum + Boost) rather than (Stamina + Boost). Buying the power up is now more effective than increasing Quantum.
- Quantum Conversion's ability to generate power increased.
September 5, 2011
- Added new Paramorph Knacks
- Reimplemented Inspiration Facets for Paramorphs
- Trinity-era Vehicle Options
- Significant changes to Body Modifications
- Redundant Organs increased in cost and effectiveness
- Hyperdense Musculature No Longer Exists
- Actions/Turn Limit Improved
August 2, 2011
- New Martial Arts System
July 23, 2011
- Mega-Stamina now gives Incapacitated health levels as well.
- High Stamina now slightly increases character health levels.
June 28, 2011
- Miscellaneous fixes to various descriptions
- Improved Radiant Conversion (ever wanted to wipe out a small continent? Well.)
- Improved Telekinesis
- Added a limit on the number of actions/turn characters can attempt.
April 21, 2011
- Added new Merits
- Added Errata: Disimmunize and Quantum Forgery
- Explained how Extras affect power cost
April 19, 2011
- Changed how Mastery works again.
- Altered the Node background to give mental disorders rather than Taint.
April 18, 2011
- Altered functionality of LANSA system.
- Altered amount of dice given by assistants-Mega-Intelligence now gives further bonuses.
April 17, 2011
- Additional Biomanipulation Errata
- Altered Healing and Regeneration, increased cost of regenerating Aggravated damage to render the Aggravated extra for certain powers more effective.
- Altered Dormancy background
April 15, 2011
- New category: Archaic Equipment, for WWII era tanks, anti-tank rifles, Tommy guns and MP44s, bows and arrows, and whatever else.
April 14, 2011
- Increased SAM damage slightly to compensate for increased armor for most vehicles.
- Anti-vehicle ratings for weapons lowered across the board, to add more viable anti-Nova weapons for baselines.
- Slight changes to explosive weaponry.
- Fixed Gunsen/War Fan strength ratings.
- Clarifications on EMP Weaponry added to Combat, EMP technique of Magnetic Mastery altered, EMP weapons added to Armory
- Buffs to Stun Attack and Disintegrate
- Renamed "Aberrant 2.0 Expansion" to "Aberrant 2.0 Equipment Errata", split weapons and vehicles into their own pages to reduce clutter.
- Moved merits and flaws to "Aberrant 2.0 Character Generation"
April 10, 2011
- Added grievous injury rules
- Adding rules for damaging/destroying inanimate objects
- Altered Mega-Strength (now gives additional -0 HLs)
April 7, 2011
- Altered Lifting and Throwing
- Altered Carrying Capacity and Encumbrance
- New Physical Enhancements
April 4, 2011
- Altered movement speed calculations for walking, running, and sprinting.
- Additional body modifications added.
April 2, 2011
- Altered Damage Adds and their functioning
- Significant changes to all armory weapons and weapons maneuvers
- Significant changes to the functioning of most damage-dealing Quantum powers and Mega-Strength
- Altered the Area and Explosive Extras, and how Area and Explosive tags on weapons functioned.